Application Deadline: 2017 Documentary Film Grant
Ras Al Khaimah Fine Arts Festival (RAKFAF) Film Grants provide modest start-up funding (25,000 AED) to create short documentaries on topics relevant to the United Arab Emirates and broader Gulf region. One grant is awarded annually each year through a competitive application process. Films produced through the RAKFAF Film Grant are screened at the festival the following year.
The Selection Committee will only consider complete proposals submitted by the stated deadline. The application deadline for the 2016 submission cycle is June 30, 2016. To apply, interested individuals and organizations should submit the following materials to firstname.lastname@example.org. Materials may be in Arabic or English:
- Introductory cover letter addressing reason(s) applying for the Documentary Film Grant and a brief summary of the proposed documentary topic.
- Director’s CV and names/roles of other individuals who will be involved in the documentary project.
- Detailed storyboard for the proposed documentary.
- Completed budget template detailing all expected costs and a list of facilities, special equipment, or other resources necessary for making the documentary. If other individuals, organizations, or sponsors are also providing financial or in-kind support (e.g., expertise, use of equipment) it should be noted. The Al Qasimi Foundation’s financial contribution should not exceed 25,000 AED.
- List of locations and areas where the documentary will be filmed. This should include whether permission will be required for any locations.
- Anticipated timeline for the documentary project, including filming and editing milestones and associated deliverables.
- Letter of recommendation from a colleague or organization.
- Two samples of the director’s latest films on DVD.
The Selection Committee will review all complete proposals and identify finalists to invite for an interview. The interviews may take place in-person or via Skype. Once all interviews are complete the Selection Committee will make a final recommendation and choose the Documentary Film Grant recipient for the year. Applicants can generally expect to receive a formal decision on the status of their proposal within six to eight weeks of the annual submission deadline.
For more infomration please visit Documentary Film Grant page.
|June 30, 2017||June 30, 2017|