Gulf Education and Social Policy Review
The Al Qasimi Foundation launched Gulf Education and Social Policy Review (GESPR) in 2019 as part of its on-going commitment to open access knowledge sharing and to support scholarship on education and social policy issues in the Gulf region. A peer-reviewed, bilingual (English/Arabic) academic journal, GESPR is dedicated to providing education and social policy research and insights on the Gulf region to a readership that includes regional and international scholars, practitioners, organizations, and policymakers to inform education and development agendas in the Gulf and beyond. GESPR seeks to address dissemination gaps and encourage critical, data-driven reflection, evaluation, and contextualization of the various factors, influences, and rapid reforms that are taking place in the Gulf’s complex development landscapes. Subscribe to GESPR and automatically receive notifications when a new issue of the journal becomes available.
GESPR is open to a diversity of perspectives and methodological approaches. Applied and theoretical research, as well as policy commentaries and book reviews, are welcomed. Topics include, but are not limited to:
- Comparative and International Education
- Philanthropy in Education
- Education Policy
- Higher Education
- Urban Development
- Social Policy
- Gender and Education
- Curriculum and Instruction
- Teacher Quality
- School Governance
- Language Education
- Family Studies
- Technical and Vocational Education and
Submissions are initially reviewed by Editorial Board members, and those endorsed for potential publication are sent for peer review. GESPR uses a double-blind peer review process, which means the identities of both reviewers and authors remain anonymous. The reviewers for each manuscript are contacted according to their areas of expertise.
Detailed author guidelines and reviewer guidelines can be found on the GESPR publishing platform. Individuals interested in serving as peer reviewers for GESPR should contact Natasha Mansur, Managing Editor: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Editorial & Advisory Board
Dr. Natasha Ridge, Sheikh Saud bin Saqr Al Qasimi Foundation for Policy Research
- Natasha Mansur, Sheikh Saud bin Saqr Al Qasimi Foundation for Policy Research
- Marvin Erfurth, Sheikh Saud bin Saqr Al Qasimi Foundation for Policy Research
- Ahoud Alasfour, College of Basic Education, The Public Authority for Applied Education and Training
Editorial and Advisory Board:
- Abdullah M. Alajmi, Kuwait (Arab Open University)
- Ahoud Alasfour, Kuwait (College of Basic Education, The Public Authority for Applied Education and Training)
- Alexandra Draxler, France (NORRAG)
- Calvert Jones, United States of America (University of Maryland)
- Donia Smaali Bouhlila, Tunisia (University of Tunis El Manar)
- Elizabeth Buckner, Canada (University of Toronto)
- Susan Kippels, United Arab Emirates (Regional Center for Educational Planning)
- Tavis Jules, United States of America (Loyola University Chicago)
- Waheed Hammad, Oman (College of Education Sultan Qaboos University)
GESPR is published through Knowledge E, which hosts the journal’s publishing platform.
Additional information on GESPR is available on the journal’s publishing platform. Specific inquiries, including those related to submissions, should be directed to Natasha Mansur, Managing Editor: email@example.com.