- Provide opportunities for distinguished students to gain professional experience and make meaningful contributions to projects that benefit the Ras Al Khaimah community
- Build a community of scholars and promote collaboration among highly recognized international universities and national institutions in the United Arab Emirates
- Promote cross-cultural exchange that sparks curiosity and new ideas and facilitates understanding
Minimum eligibility criteria for applicants seeking an internship position:
- Applicants must be a current undergraduate or graduate student enrolled at an accredited university in good academic standing. Recent graduates (within the last two years) will also be considered.
- Applicants must have a minimum TOEFL iBT score of 85 or IELTS score of 6.5 if English is not his/her primary language.
- Applicants must have coursework or degrees in areas relevant to the Al Qasimi Foundation’s work such as education, public health, urban planning and development, economic development, food access, and public policy. Students with expertise in other disciplines such as public relations, multimedia, or translation may also be considered depending on the Foundation's needs associated with its specific projects.
- Applicants must demonstrate a genuine interest in Ras Al Khaimah, the United Arab Emirates, and the broader Gulf region.
The Foundation is flexible on its internship schedule and will adapt a particular intern’s work term based on its program needs and the intern’s needs. Applicants should indicate any schedule preferences or constraints.
Students are strongly encouraged to visit their university career centers for resources on writing professional resumes, cover letters, and personal statements.
In order to apply for an Internship through the Al Qasimi Foundation, applicants will need to complete the online application form. Applications are considered on a rolling basis, so earlier applicants may receive preference.
Only applications that follow these instructions will be considered for open internship positions.
Please Note: While the information on Al Qasimi Foundation internship opportunities is provided in Arabic for accessibility purposes, due to the English requirements outlined above (minimum 6.5 IELTS or 85 TOEFL iBT scores), the online application form and all supporting materials should be submitted in English. This includes the applicant’s cover letter, curriculum vitae (CV), and academic writing sample. The two required recommendation letters, however, may be submitted in Arabic if this is the letter writer’s primary language.
- Internship Online Application Form
- A cover letter outlining the reasons that the applicant wants to intern with the Al Qasimi Foundation and how he/she hopes to contribute to its work. The letter should address (1) prior experiences, coursework, and skills relevant to the internship; (2) what the applicant hopes to gain from the experience; and (3) how the internship fits into the applicant's long-term academic and professional goals. The cover letter should also include information on the potential dates and the duration of the internship in Ras Al Khaimah.
- A resume outlining the educational background, research experience, work experience, honors and awards, and co-curricular activities.
- The most recent official transcript for the current academic program and official transcripts for all completed degrees.
- An official copy of a TOEFL or IELTS score report (only necessary for applicants for whom English is a second language).
- Contact details of two to three references who can address the suitability of the candidate. At least one reference must be from a professor at the applicant’s current university. The second may be from a workplace supervisor.
- An academic writing sample, which should be a recent paper written by the applicant for one of his/her university courses.
INCOMPLETE MATERIALS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
Questions regarding internship opportunities, the application process, or status of an application may be sent to email@example.com.