Types of Information We Collect
There are four types of information that the Al Qasimi Foundation website collects from visitors:
- Information You Volunteer: In the course of using our website, you may choose to provide us with information to help us serve your needs. For example, you may send us an email to request information, sign up for a mailing list, complete an online application, or send us your address to receive print publications.
- Information from Your Web Browser: The Al Qasimi Foundation collects analytic information that is sent to us automatically by your web browser (e.g. Firefox, Internet Explorer, Chrome). This data includes information on pages visited, the date and time of the visit, the internet address (URL or IP address) of the referring site, the domain name and IP address from which the access occurred, the version of browser used, the capabilities of the browser, and search terms used on our search engines. The Al Qasimi Foundation generally does identify individual visitors from this information (see IP information below). Please check your browser to learn more about what information it collects or to change its settings.
- Information from Your Mobile Device: Similar to web browsers, the Al Qasimi Foundation may automatically collect certain information from or about your mobile device should you access our website using technology such as mobile phones or tablets. Information collected may include the type of device you use, your device's unique ID, the IP address of your device, your device’s operating system, the type of mobile internet browsers you use, and information about the way you use our mobile or tablet application.
An “IP address” is a unique number automatically assigned to your computer or mobile device when you connect to the internet. It is used to identify your computer’s “location” in cyberspace so that the information you request can be delivered to you. IP addresses and cookie technologies do not include your name, email address, or other information that identifies you personally. However, the Al Qasimi Foundation may combine your IP address/cookies with other information and technologies that allows us to compile demographic information about visitors to our website. If the Al Qasimi Foundation suspects inappropriate or criminal activity or a threat to the security of our website, we may share our server logs—which contain users’ IP addresses—with the appropriate investigative authorities, who could then use that information to trace and identify individuals.
How We Use Your Information
The Al Qasimi Foundation uses information gathered through our website to continually improve the online visitor experience and our ability to effectively serve stakeholders. Any personally identifiable information you share will only be used for the purpose indicated. Requests for information will be directed to the appropriate staff for response. They may also be recorded to help the Al Qasimi Foundation adjust policies and communication materials to respond to similar requests in the future.
In general, the Al Qasimi Foundation uses personal and non-personal information collected through our website to:
- Provide information, products, or services you request
- Award grants, scholarships, and space in training programs
- Process volunteer, internship, and employment applications
- Ensure security, credit, and fraud prevention
- Provide effective service to our stakeholders
- Communicate changes to our policies and programs
- Create personalized content and experiences for our website visitors
- Communicate news and information of potential interest (in accordance with communication and privacy preferences you have expressed)
- Extend invitations to participate in surveys and provide feedback (in accordance with communication and privacy preferences you have expressed)
- Perform statistical and demographic analyses of our website visitors
- Improve the content, functionality and usability of our website
- Improve our products and services
- Improve our communication, public relations, and outreach efforts
How We Share Your Information
The Al Qasimi Foundation adheres to the highest standards of ethical practice in our operations, and is dedicated to protecting the privacy of all visitors who use our website. Except as disclosed below, the Al Qasimi Foundation will not sell, barter, give away, rent, or permit anyone outside the organization to use or access your personal information:
- The Al Qasimi Foundation may occasionally use third-party agents, affiliates, and partners to perform functions such as marketing, analytics, providing customer service, etc. on our behalf. These entities have access to the personal information needed to perform their functions and are contractually obligated to maintain the confidentiality and security of any personal information collected from our website. They are restricted from using, selling, distributing, or altering this data in any way other than to provide the services being contracted.
- The Al Qasimi Foundation may also use or disclose your personal information if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to (a) conform to applicable law or comply with legal process served on us or our website; (b) protect and defend our rights or property, our website or our users; and (c) act under emergency circumstances to protect the personal safety of staff, our affiliates, agents, users of our website, or the public.
Personal and non-personal information collected is only retained as long as necessary for completing normal business operations. Each webpage requesting information discloses the purpose and use of that information. If you do not wish to have your personal information used in the stated manner, you are not required to provide it. Please contact the Al Qasimi Foundation with questions or concerns on the use of personally identifiable information.
Updating Your Personal Information and Changing Previously Expressed Preferences
The Al Qasimi Foundation respects your right to make choices about the ways we collect, use, and disclose your personal information. In addition to control the settings of your browser, you will generally be asked to indicate your choices at the time information is collected or volunteered. For example, you have opportunities to “opt out” of receiving various communications and “unsubscribe” links are always included in our electronic newsletters.
Additionally, if you wish to (1) access, update, or correct your personal information; (2) change your preferences for its acceptable use; or (3) be removed entirely from our contact lists, please inform the Al Qasimi Foundation using the contact details provided above. Staff members will respond to you within a reasonable time period, and depending on the nature of the request, may ask for additional information to verify your identity. In most instances we will correct or delete any inaccurate information you discover. However, there may be circumstances in which the Al Qasimi Foundation may limit or deny your request if the law permits (or requires us to do so) or if we are unable to verify your identify.
Linking Policy & Disclaimer of Endorsement
The Al Qasimi Foundation website contains links to external information created and maintained by other public and private organizations. These external links to third-parties are provided for your convenience. The Al Qasimi Foundation does not control or guarantee the accuracy, relevance, timeliness, or completeness of this outside information. The Foundation is also not responsible for outcomes that may result in using such information. Further, the inclusion of external links is not intended to reflect the importance nor endorsement of any views expressed, products supplied, or services offered by these websites or their sponsoring organizations.
The Al Qasimi Foundation maintains reasonable administrative, physical, and technological measures to protect the confidentiality and security of personal information you submit on or through our website. However, no transmission of data over the internet can be completely secure, and no website, server, or database is “hacker-proof.” Accordingly, the Al Qasimi Foundation cannot guarantee that your personal information will not be disclosed, misused, or lost by accident or by the unauthorized acts of others. Therefore, all information submitted is done so at the visitor’s risk.